Thursday, March 17, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Some

Wow, it's been 6 months already since my last treatment. That means I'm 6 months in remission. Another 4.5 years and I'm cured! I'm very optimistic. I'd bet my life on it.

Time flies when you actually have some. Time to do what you want, time to work, time to play, time to yourself. No more daily or weekly hospital trips. No more being sick. No more needles. No more bone pain. No more toxins pulsating through your veins. That's the best part. I don't miss it in the least. It's funny, while you're going through all the treatment you just go with the flow and it becomes a part of ordinary life. It's not until after you've completed it all, and can now reflect on what just happened, that you realize you went through a lot of hell and crap.

Now my life is truly ordinary and I like it that way. I've been back at work for some time and am enjoying it. I like having a place to go to everyday. My boss is the greatest person I've ever met. He's been so patient and cooperative with my occasional follow up appointment (I have to have blood tests and CT Scans every 3 months), my tiredness and my chemo brain which has affected my memory quite a bit. But all should be totally back to normal soon.

I almost forgot to mention that I've finally resolved the chest and flank pain issues that landed me in the ER to only discover the tumor. If you've been following, I was in the ER December 2009 for the pain, and then again March 25, 2010 when they found the cancer. I was also back to the ER for the same pain in August 2010, which had us all perplexed because we thought the issue was resolved. Not so. January of this year it came back. I had just gone to bed and the aching started. I took a couple vicodin because I knew what was about to happen. It happened. The pain got so intense that I finally gave in and had Don drive me to the hospital. The only thing different this time is that the ER Doctor asked me if I'd ever had an ultrasound done of my gallbladder. No. So they did one the next day. Guess what. Multiple gallstones. Out it goes. I'll be happy to be rid of it. Actually, I have to be grateful to that lousy gallbladder because had it not been for the attacks, the tumor would not have been found so early stage and I would have had to go through much more chemo and radiation. Thank you, malfunctioning organ.

Once again, I manage to get away with something. Luck is on my side for sure.

3 comments:

  1. As usual, your ever radiating optimism shines through!

    You've been through a hell of a lot, and you always see the positive.

    If only more of us could be like you, the world would be one hell of a great place!

    Thanks for sharing Vesna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog posts.....and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day to all am Valeria Miguel Ángel From USA..Texas am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreative Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. ,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank to you Dr Itua for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete