Friday, October 29, 2010

Updates

Another month has swiftly gone by since I last posted on my blog.  I am happy to say that slowly my life is resuming one of normalcy.  Aside from fatigue I've been experiencing joint pain similar to that of arthritis so my brother has prescribed me Lodine which seems to be helping immensely except that it causes drowsiness which I'm already have trouble with.  I take gabapentin for the nerve issues and the occassional vicodin when all issues hit me at once. 

One new side effect that I wasn't warned about is chemo induced menopause.  I really wish someone had given me a heads up on that one.  I had been experiencing severe hot flashes so I made an appointment with my gynecologist who ordered an FSH blood test.  Levels above 20 are menopausal.  I hit 76.7 which is post menopausal.  We won't know for sure until I've had 12 months of no mensus.  In the meantime, I can't take HRT (hormone replacement therapy - estrogen and progesterone) because of the increased risk of breast cancer.  It's not recommended for someone who's already had cancer.  So I need to look into other alternatives to ease the symptoms, one of which is FATIGUE!  Wow, I'm being hit with a triple whammy of fatigue!  The hot flashes aren't TOO bad.  They're not great, but going without HRT won't kill me.  But it may kill my husband.  He has to deal with my mood swings, diminished sex drive, and sleep in a bedroom that's 50 degrees so I can recover from a hot flash.  I'm sure this is not what he signed up for when he married me, but he keeps saying to me, "in sickness and in health, for better or worse."  Really, he's a saint.

3 comments:

  1. Don is amazing, but so are you best friend. You are so strong & I am so proud of you. Come visit me and I'll keep you cold.
    I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. As a fellow cancer survivor, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Also...Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs Lists” with over 1400 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
    If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
    Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.

    Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day to all am Valeria Miguel Ángel From USA..Texas am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreative Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. ,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank to you Dr Itua for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete