Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Discovery...story continues

The story continues...

It's April 6, 2010 and I've just learned I have Hodgkin's Lymphoma. O.K., what next? Now I'm going to be subjected to an assortment of tests before I can start chemo. The first one is performed right there in the little exam room. Alex goes back to work while Don and I watch a lab tech roll in 2 carts with odd instruments. These two carts have Don trapped in his seat with no way to get out. He offers to stand in the corner but Dr. Glowalla insists he remain seated, that it's better. Now we know why.

A bone marrow aspiration and biopsy is something I hope to never experience in my life again. It's something I would hope for even my enemies (if I had any, I don't think so) to never experience. Bone marrow tests are done to the pelvic bone accessible on the lower back. First, the doctor will insert a needle into the bone marrow and remove a small amount of bone fluid. Then he removes a small amount of bone marrow tissue through a larger needle. Now here's the kicker: he has to go through BONE to get to the bone marrow. How does he do that? By bearing all his body weight onto the needle that's going through my back and bone!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to die.


Dr. Glowalla extracts the now bloodied needle and I hear him turn to Don and ask him, "do you want to see it," and I hear Don say, "no man, I'm good." Seconds later I hear "zzzzz..." What now? Does the doctor have narcolepsy? Nice. I yelp, "what's going on," and I hear Dr. Glowalla calmly say, "oh, it's O.K. Your husband? Yes, well, he just fainted." I turn around in enough time to see Don's eyes roll to the back of his head just before his head slumps downward toward his chest." I'm starting to find this amusing. "Don," I say, "don't make me have to get up off this table and smack you."

The doctor and lab tech proceed to lift Don up out of the chair to lay him on the floor. I don't think Dr. Glowalla wants to add a head laceration to his list of things to repair today. As they start lifting him out of the chair, Don comes to and is a bit disoriented at first. Once he realizes what has happened, he's flush with embarrassment and keeps apologizing to us all. Dr. Glowalla reassures Don that it's a common reaction and tells him, "it's O.K. You have empathy for your wife." I'm touched. My husband really feels for me. How awesome is that. Plus, we all get a little comic relief.

On the way home, Don pulls off the freeway and throws up.

2 comments:

  1. i laughed, i cried but mostly i just loved you...jerry's right, you've got to publish this when all is said and done! not that this is news to anyone who knows you but, you have a fabulous perspective and wonderful way of expressing it.
    fighting the good fight, with grace and dignity = vesna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day to all am Valeria Miguel Ángel From USA..Texas am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreative Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. ,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank to you Dr Itua for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete